Saturday, March 22, 2014

13 days in!

I'm almost halfway there and I'm feeling great! Sunday I tackled going out to eat and it was such a positive experience. The waitress was understanding of my requests and my meal was seriously delicious and so filling! This salad includes a huge piece of Yellowtail, egg, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, avocado with a side of lemons and olive oil for dressing.


I just threw this salad together because I was hungry but wasn't looking to really cook a meal. I ended up loving it, when I thought it would just be okay. It's romaine, strawberries, pecans and walnuts with olive oil as dressing. My smoothie had watermelon, blueberries, a whole banana, spinach and water.

My Dad is visiting for a couples days so Saturday morning we went to breakfast at Great Maple. Everything looked amazing so I was really looking forward to my meal. I had eggs, cherry tomatoes, bacon, caramelized onions, avocado and basil. I love cantaloupe! I don't know why I don't eat it more often, it's really refreshing!

 Today I took my Dad for a belated birthday Adventure. First we went to the Swap Meet. It was the first time for both of us, so it was wonderful to experience it together. I found a basket I've been looking for, and a blanket. Dad found a plaque with his favorite baseball player on it, a NFL flag, socks and a clock. Later we rode bikes around the bay and went to lunch at Bareback Grill in Pacific Beach. I had grilled chicken, tomato, onions, lettuce, avocado, pickles and grilled pineapple. The pineapple was just the right amount of sweetness.



I was talking to my friend Paige who just finished a 10 day cleanse and she said the days after she was done she slowly added one or two things into her meals to see how her body reacted. I definitely want to do the same thing. My body has never been without sugar, bread, or dairy for 30 days so I'll want to carefully add those in to see if they upset my body. Let's hope not! I'm really looking forward to eating some ice cream and a sandwich. In a couple of days I'll be half way done. I can't wait to see what this next week brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment