Thursday, March 6, 2014

Whole 30: Week One

Here is a summary of how my week went!

Day 1: My favorite meal was my lunch (which I had again for dinner), Carne Asada, green peppers, onions topped with avocado.
Day 2: My favorite meal was dinner. I had chicken with spinach, broccoli, peppers, asparagus topped with cherry tomatoes and avocado.
Day 3: My favorite meal was my lunch! I made scrambled eggs, ground beef, onions, peppers topped with cherry tomatoes and cilantro.
 This is the day I started to get into a routine of drinking lots of water with lemon and going on walks to clear my head and try to focus on the challenge. At this point I was still a little sad I couldn't just eat whatever I wanted. Prior to this challenge pasta with pesto was my go to meal. If I had no idea what to eat or I was just too hungry to cook, I would make pasta. For me it's an easy out (not that I'm proud of that) and makes me not really work at putting together a meal that is going to fuel my body. Something I love about this challenge is the fact that if I eat, I know I'm eating good things. If I am too tired to eat and I skip a meal (that isn't ideal) at least I'm not filling my body with unhealthy food.
Day 4: My favorite meal was breakfast. I made steak, 2 over easy eggs, a clementine and hot water with lemon. I got to go on two different walks Tuesday and I loved it!
Day 5: My favorite meal was dinner, but I will talk about that in a minute. Today was the first day I tackled eating out. It was my friend Jeri's birthday so her, Analisa and I went to breakfast. I ate an apple before so I wouldn't be hungry. Analisa gave me all of her fruit from her meal. It was really sweet of her! Waseam's birthday is tomorrow but he's going out of town too so we celebrated last night. Two outings in one day! Dinner was AMAZING. Our waitress was so sweet and understanding of my requests. I had a burger with onion, tomato, pickles, avocado spread and it was all on a bed of lettuce. I had a side salad with tomatoes. It made me really appreciate the people that don't make a big deal out of specific requests and the fact that she was so willing to help me. The restaurant we went to was hosting a karaoke night and I love music and listening to karaoke!
Day 6: My favorite meal was lunch/dinner. My boss picked me up at 8am so we could head to Anaheim for the Natural Foods Expo this weekend. It's a huge event that I'm honestly so thankful to be a part of. I love traveling and especially with a company I love. I had a banana for breakfast. We spent a couple of hours setting up our booth and I tried to stay hydrated as much as possible. I had some pistachios and pineapple for a snack. We finished at 3pm and I was feeling pretty lightheaded from not having any substantial food yet. For a late lunch, early dinner, we went to a local mexican restaurant. I ate steak, grilled peppers, onions and tomato. I put a bunch of guacamole on my food. It was really good! I think you see a theme here, I enjoy steak, onions and peppers. I had that a lot this week. Next week when I'm home I plan on using my crock pot for at least one meal. I'm really excited. I think next week will be better.
Danielle, thank you so much for being there for me this week! We talked so much and it really helped. Also, Waseam was a great help too. I was cranky the first couple of days and he never was mad at me for my bad moods. I think it's getting better although being away without access to a blender or refrigerator for 4 days will be a whole different obstacle to tackle. It'l be a little rough but I'll make it work!
Go check out Danielle's update coming tomorrow! Can't wait to start week 2 with you Danielle. We can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment